【Okayama/Kurashiki/Denim】Make your own High-quality Premium Jeans! Jeans-making Workshop with Okayama Selvage Denim
- Have you heard of Betty Smith’s Kojima Jeans? In the Kojima area of Kurashiki City, Okayama Prefecture, the Betty Smith brand has produced high-quality denim products since 1962. In this plan, you can experience the making of their famed Kojima jeans first-hand! Using high-quality selvage denim straight from the birthplace of Japanese denim as the base, choose your favorite leather patch, buttons, and rivets to make a truly unique pair of Kojima jeans!
- Experience the deep craftsmanship of long-time denim producer Betty Smith’s jeans in Kurashiki, the birthplace of Japanese denim.
- The selvage slim straight is Betty Smith’s most popular line of jeans, and you will be making your very own pair! Selvage jeans are widely loved by denim lovers for their high quality and the way they grow into the wearer with age and use.
- From a wide selection of buttons, rivets and leather patches, you can choose your favorites and attach them to the jeans. The process of choosing is part of the fun!
- An original tote bag is gifted to all participants!
|Meeting place||5-2-70 Kojima Shimonomachi, Betty Smith Jeans Museum & Factory "Experience Factory", Kurasiki City, Okayama Prefecture|
|Access||From JR Okayama Station, take the Seto Ohashi Line (bound for Kojima or Takamatsu) -> get off at JR Kojima Station -> about 15 minutes by bus or taxi|
|Take the bus from JR Kojima Station -> 4-minute walk from "Ouji-en" "Okakuma” "Shimonomachi Kouhachimangu" bus stops|
|Meeting time||Please arrive by the starting time|
|Duration||About 1 hour|
|Minimum number of participants||1person|
① Meeting at the store ② Instructions ③ Crafting experience - Choose a pair of jeans to make your base, from the shop inside the factory - To the workshop space in the back. Choose your buttons, rivets, and leather patch. - Attach the buttons and rivets using a machine (staff will support you!) ④ Commemorative Photo ⑤ End of the experience
- Betty Smith Jeans Museum & Village
- What is Okayama Denim?
- The “Jeans-making Experience Factory” by the Betty Smith Jeans Museum
- Make your Jeans Unique! Pick your Materials
- What is Selvage Denim?
- Experiencing the Buttoning Machine
- It’s Complete! Your Unique Pair of Kojima Jeans
- Included in the fee
Experience fee, material fee, tax
- Not included in the fee
Any fees not stated above.
Hemming and the attachment of leather patches will be conducted by Betty Smith's staff. Depending on visitor traffic, the complete product may be shipped at a later date.
- Things to bring
Please arrive in clothes that are easy to move.
- Cancellation policy
Cancellation on the day or no show: 100% of the fee
- Operating Company
Betty Smith Jeans Musuem & Village
Tags of this activity