【Tokyo/Ikebukuro/Otter Cafe】Meet & Feed Otters in Tokyo! 1hr with Lovely Animals
- Meet the adorable otters of Ikebukuro, Tokyo! Otter cafe “Kotsumeito” provides a rare opportunity for you to mingle with otters, flying squirrels, and hedgehogs. As you hold them and pet them on your lap, their charming mannerisms and innocent gaze are sure to heal your soul!
- In this otter cafe experience, you’ll also have the chance to feed the otters. The way the otters grab and eat their food with their paws is an adorable sight that will put a smile on your face!
- The otters you see at otter cafe “Kotsumeito” are Asian small-clawed otters, whose populations have suffered greatly from poaching, environmental change and otherwise sudden deaths. It’s not every day that you can pet and feed these otters so up close, and you can do it right here in Tokyo!!
|Meeting place||Narita BLDG 5th floor, 1-29-4 Higashi Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo|
|Access||6-minute walk from "Ikebukuro" station east exit|
|Meeting time||Please come 10 minutes before the starting time|
|Duration||About 1 hour|
|supported language||Japanese, English|
|Minimum number of participants||1person|
① Arrive at otter cafe “Kotsumate” (Ikebukuro, Tokyo) ② Petting time (30 minutes): flying squirrels and hedgehogs. ③ Petting time (30 minutes): otters ④ End of the experience
- Arriving at otter cafe “Kotsumate”: It’s time to meet the animals!
- Meeting the flying squirrels: look at their big, teary eyes!
- Meeting the hedgehogs: not as prickly as you think
- Meeting the otters: the stars of the otter cafe!
- Feeding experience with the otters!
- Where does Kotsumeito get its otters?
- Included in the fee
・Experience fee ・3 types of snacks on weekdays (for otters, flying squirrel, and hedgehogs) ・2 types of snacks on weekends and holidays (for otter and flying squirrel or hedgehog snacks) ・original souvenir pins ・taxes
・The store is kept at a warm temperature for the animals. Please arrive in layered clothes that are easy to adjust for heat, and you don't mind getting dirty. ・Please remove accessories in the store.
- Cancellation policy
Cancellation on the day or no-show: 100% of the fee
- Special Notes
【Rules for interacting with the animals】 ・ Please disinfect with alcohol, before and after touching animals. ・ Please refrain from flash photography. ・ The animals may bite. ・ Injuries and damage to your possessions will not be insured by the establishment. ・ Please do not hold the otters ・ Otters bite you when you touch them while they are eating snacks. ・ Remove watches and accessories from your wrist. ・ Please do not give anything other than snacks (animal snacks). 【Other notes】 ・ The store prepares disinfectants and bandages as an emergency measure, but cannot insure for injuries or property damage. Thank you for your understanding. ・ Please refrain from any acts that may inconvenience other customers. ・ This is a timed experience. You will be asked to make way for the next customer as soon as your time is up.
- Operating Company
Tags of this activity