【Tokyo Shinjuku Samurai】Sword Fighting Experience: Learn to Fight like a Samurai in the Movies!
¥ 7,700 〜 ¥ 15,400
- Join a samurai sword fighting experience in Shinjuku, Tokyo! Here, you'll learn “tate”, a Japanese art of stage fighting used in many samurai movies and stage plays. Recently, this “tate” has attracted the world’s spotlight as a leading culture of Japan! Become a samurai in this sword fighting experience, and learn the spectacular moves of a real tate actor! Joined by instructors who are active stage performers themselves, you’ll experience the authentic culture of tate with a sword in hand.
- This “tate” sword fighting class will take you through wearing the kimono, the samurai’s etiquettes, the basics of handling a sword, and culminate in a fully-acted sword fight sequence with your instructors as your attackers! You’ll be put in the shoes of a real samurai, and go through the exhilarating experience of defeating your enemies with a katana. It's sure to get your heart pumping!
- “Tate” stage fighting doesn’t only look cool; it focuses greatly on the spirituality and etiquette of wielding a sword. You'll experience firsthand the visual beauty of "tate" sword fighting, created by the refinement of the practitioner's spirit and body!
|Meeting place||Studio Zipang: New Laurel BLDG B1, 1-34-11 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo|
|Access||5-minute walk from "Shinjuku 3-Chome" station|
|5-minute walk from "Shinjuku-Gyoen" station|
|Meeting time||Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the starting time.|
|Duration||About 60 minutes|
|supported language||Japanese, English|
|Minimum number of participants||2persons|
① Arriving for the experience ② The sword fighting experience begins! Change into the samurai’s kimono ③ Experience samurai manners and etiquette ④ Sword fighting basics: Learn the basic stances and movements of “Tate” sword fighting ⑤ Action Sequence: Experience a full-fledged sword fighting scene ⑥ Photoshoot
- Samurai Sword Fighting Experience with SAMURAI’ve
- Look the part first! Wearing the samurai attire
- Learn the spirit of Bushido through Tate: “All things begin and end with a bow”
- 10 “kata” forms: The basics of Tate sword fighting
- Test your new skills in a Tate sword fighting performance!
- Commemorative Photoshoot: After the sword fighting experience
- Included in the fee
Experience fee, kimono & sword rental, taxes
・In the case that participants are late, the program will proceed as scheduled. ・After 15 minutes of lateness, the program will be cancelled.
- Cancellation policy
Cancellations in the following time frames will be charged their respective percentages of the initial experience fee: 4 to 7 days prior: 30% of the fee 1 to 3 days prior: 50% of the fee On the day: 100% of the fee
- Operating Company
Tags of this activity