【Tokyo Ikebana Experience】Try Ikebana Flower Arrangement & Explore a 100 Year-Old Traditional Japanese Home in Ueno!
- Learn Japanese flower arrangement in this Tokyo ikebana experience! Your experience takes place in a quaint old-town sector of Tokyo, and what you’ll learn here is “ikebana”, a traditional Japanese art of flower arrangement. Ikebana isn’t just about the flowers; the leaves, branches, vase and even space all come together as expressive pieces of the arrangement. Your helpful instructor makes this ikebana experience a great one for beginners too!
- Ikebana, the Japanese art of flower arrangement, is said to be an “aesthetic of subtraction”. Rather than squeezing together a rainbow of flowers, ikebana aims for a rich minimalism, in which a few flowers make the most out of their space. Channel your artistic intuition as you take a deep breath, and face the flowers in a moment of serenity.
- After your ikebana experience, you’ll have some time to relax. Some Japanese tea and Wagashi (Japanese sweets) will be served to you, so sit back and enjoy!
- Your ikebana flower arrangement experience takes place in a 100 year-old Japanese traditional home! A home tour at the end of your experience, will give you a taste of Japan’s history and lifestyle!
|Meeting place||27-6 Higashi Ueno 3-Chome, Taito-ku, Tokyo|
|Access||3-minute walk from Tokyo Metro Ginza Line "Inaricho station"|
|Meeting time||Please come before the starting time|
|Duration||About 1.5 hours|
|Minimum number of participants||1person|
① Presentation on Ikebana's history & artistry ② Ikebana demonstration by the instructor ③ Try it yourself! Ikebana Experience ④ Your ikebana is complete! Relax with tea and Japanese sweets ⑤ Tour of the traditional Japanese home
- What is Ikebana, the Japanese Art of Flower Arrangement?
- The "Aesthetic of Subtraction"
- Your Ikebana Flower Arrangement is Complete!
- House Tour through the 100 year-old Traditional Japanese Home
- Your Instructor Masashi (Flower Designer/Certified Translator & Guide)
- Included in the fee
Experience fee, Japanese tea & sweets,Taxes
- Not included in the fee
Any fees not listed above
- Things to bring
- Cancellation policy
*Cancellations in the following time frames, will be charged their respective percentages of the reservation fee: - Up to 14 days before the experience date: 0% (free) - 13 to 7 days before the experience date: 50% - 6 days before to the day of the experience: 100%
- Operating Company
Masashi KAKI Design
Tags of this activity