【Tokyo/Sumo】Hands-on Sumo Wrestling Experience! In the Ring with a Former Pro
- Enter the ring with this Sumo wrestling experience in Mitaka, Tokyo! In this traditional Japanese sport, sumo wrestlers grapple for victory. This experience lets you join the wrestlers in their sacred ring, and experience sumo wrestling firsthand! A former professional sumo wrestler will teach you the sport from its basic movements, making it a great experience for people of all ages and genders!
- In this experience, your sumo wrestling instructor will carefully take you through the basics of the sport. Starting from “Shiko” (a stomping motion performed for warm-up) and “Suriashi” (a specific walking method of sumo wresters), you'll learn about the many training methods used by professional wrestlers! By the end of the experience, you'll be ready to take part in a wrestling match!
- Chanko soup is a stew dish traditionally served to sumo wrestlers. Participants of this experience will go home with a packaged chanko soup mix, so be sure to try it at home!
|Meeting place||Shinkawa 6-37-1, SUBARU Comprehensive Sports Center, Mitaka-shi, Tokyo|
|Access||10 minutes by taxi from "Mitaka" station|
|5 minute walk from Odakyu/Keio bus "Mitaka City Hall" station|
|Duration||About 3 hours|
|Minimum number of participants||4persons|
Sumo wrestling experience ① Change into a “Mawashi” loincloth ② Learn the “Shiko” (a stomping motion performed for wresters’ warm-up) ③ Learn “Suriashi” walking (a specific walking method of sumo wresters) ④ Wrestling practice ⑤ Quick sumo match
- What is Sumo?
- Enter the sacred sumo ring!
- The Sumo wrestling experience is great for all ages and genders!
- Learn the basic motions of sumo
- Get ready for a real sumo match!
- Included in the fee
Experience fee, clothing rental, towel, drinking water, tax
- Not included in the fee
Those who have any of the following physical conditions on the day-of will not be allowed to participate. ① Any feeling of illness ② Pregnancy ③ Intoxication ④ Drug addiction ⑤ Heart disorders, or otherwise serious diseases and injuries ⑥ Any physical conditions not suitable for the experience
- Things to bring
Training wear (t-shirt, shorts, loincloth) will be available for rental. Please bring any other exercise gear that you would like to wear.
Dressing room, lockers, restroom
- Cancellation policy
No refunds will be made for cancellations made by the participant.
- Operating Company
Tags of this activity