【Countryside Day Trip】Shirakawa-go & Hida-Takayama: 1-Day Tour to Rural World Heritage Site & Traditional Japan (from Kanazawa)
- Experience the Japanese rural countryside in a day trip from Kanazawa! The World Heritage Site, Shirakawa-go Village preserves the unchanging rural lifestyle and countryside scenery of traditional Japan. Join this day trip bus tour to see a picturesque rural Japanese village! On this tour, you will visit Shirakawa-go village as well as the traditional old-town of Hida-Takayama. Feel the atmosphere of Japan’s olden days!
- In the town of Takayama that retains its traditional Edo era architecture, you will visit local long-standing sake breweries and morning markets. Experience local flavors that you’ll only find here!
- The main attraction of the day-trip tour is Shirakawa-go, a rural countryside village retaining a rural lifestyle and traditional architecture. The observatory on the nearby mountain gives a dazzling panorama of the picturesque scenery!
- At the end of the day trip tour, experience “gold leaf”, a traditional craft of Kanazawa. You’ll get the chance to see, create, and even eat gold leaf in the form of ice cream!
|Area||Ishikawa Kanazawa, Gifu (Hida-Takayama, Shirakawago)|
|Meeting place||Kanazawa Station - West exit, group bus stop (1-2-26, Hirooka, Kanazawa City, Ishikawa Prefecture)|
|Access||Immediately outside Kanazawa Station’s west exit|
|Duration||9 hours 30 minutes|
|supported language||The accompanying tour guide will be proficient in English. Audio guides are also available for a number of languages. （English, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Indonesian, Thai)|
|Minimum number of participants||1person|
① 8:00 Departure from Kanazawa Station West Exit: group bus stop ② Takayama: a traditional townscape of the Edo era ③ Lunch ④ Shirakawa-go: a picturesque rural countryside village ⑤ Ogimachi Castle Observatory Deck: capture the rural landscape of Shirakawa-go ⑥ Hakukokan Museum: Gold-leaf crafts ⑦ 17:30 Return to Kanazawa Station - end of tour
- 8:00 - All Aboard! Your Countryside Day-trip to Shirakawa-go and Takayama Begins!
- Slip back in time in Old-town Takayama
- A Local Specialty: Hida Beef with Magnolia Leaf
- Shirakawa-go Village: A relaxing countryside scenery
- A View of Shirakawa-go: a diorama of Japan's rural countryside
- The Glamorous “Chamber of Gold” in Kanazawa
- Try it Yourself! Traditional Gold-Leaf Crafts and Ice Cream
- Included in the fee
- English-speaking guide - Bus fare - Lunch - Audio guide rental fee - Wi-fi Service - Experience fee for gold leaf crafting
- Not included in the fee
- Charges and fees not listed above
- The destinations and itinerary are subject to change according to traffic, climate, and any other inevitable circumstances. In the case that a destination is not in operation, you will be guided to an alternative location. - A multi-language audio guide is available. (English, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Indonesian, Thai) - The Lunch menu is subject to change according to circumstances. - Vegetarian and Halal options are available for lunch. Please inform the tour staff at least two days before the tour date. - If Ogimachi Castle is inaccessible due to traffic, your stay in Shirakawa-go will be extended. - There will be no mid-transit disembarkation - There will be stretches of long walking at the destinations. Please arrive in comfortable shoes.
The bus will be equipped with Wi-fi.
- Cancellation policy
If a participant cancels for personal reasons, the following charges will occur in their respective time frames. ・8 days before ：none ・7-2 days before：30% of the tour price ・1 day before：40% of the tour price ・Day of, before the tour start time：50% of the tour price ・Day of, after the tour start time, or without notice：100% of the tour price
- Operating Company
Japan Panoramic Tours