【Countryside Day Trip】Afternoon Bus Tour to World Heritage Site Shirakawa-go: Traditional Rural Landscapes & Gold Craft Tour (From Takayama)
- Experience the Japanese Rural Countryside in a short afternoon day trip from Takayama! The World Heritage Site, Shirakawa-go Village preserves the unchanging rural lifestyle and scenery of traditional Japan. Join this day trip bus tour to see a picturesque rural Japanese village, and feel the atmosphere of the country’s olden days!
- At Shirakawa-go, a peaceful countryside village preserves rural lifestyles and traditional architecture. The observatory on the nearby mountain gives a dazzling panorama of the scenery!
- At the end of the day trip tour, experience “gold leaf”, a traditional craft of Kanazawa. You’ll get the chance to see, create, and even eat gold leaf in the form of ice cream!
|Area||Ishikawa Kanazawa, Gifu Shirakawago|
|Meeting place||Takayama Station West Exit - bus terminal (1-22-10, Showamachi, Takayama City, Gifu Prefecture)|
|Access||Immediately outside Takayama Station West Exit|
|Duration||4 hours 50 minutes|
|supported language||The accompanying tour guide will be proficient in English. Audio-guides are also available for a number of languages.（English, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Indonesian, Thai)|
|Minimum number of participants||1person|
① 12:40 Departure from Takayama Station West Exit Group bus stop ② Shirakawa-go: a picturesque rural countryside village ③ Ogimachi Castle Observatory Deck: capture the countryside landscape of rural Shirakawa-go ④ Hakukokan Museum: Gold-leaf crafts ⑤ 17:30 Kanazawa Station - end of tour
- 12:40 - All Aboard! Your Countryside Day-trip to Shirakawa-go Begins!
- Shirakawa-go Village: A relaxing countryside scenery
- A View of Shirakawa-go: a diorama of Japan's rural countryside
- The Glamorous “Chamber of Gold" in Kanazawa
- Try it Yourself! Traditional Gold-Leaf Crafts and Ice Cream
- Included in the fee
- English-speaking guide - Bus fare - Audio guide rental fee - Wi-fi Service - Experience fee for gold leaf crafting
- Not included in the fee
- All costs and charges not listed above.
- The destinations and itinerary are subject to change according to traffic, climate, and any other inevitable circumstances. In the case that a destination is not in operation, you will be guided to an alternative location. - A multi-language audio guide is available. (English, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Indonesian, Thai) - If Ogimachi Castle is inaccessible due to traffic, your stay in Shirakawa-go will be extended. - There will be no mid-transit disembarkation - There will be stretches of long walking at the destinations. Please arrive in comfortable shoes.
The bus will be equipped with Wi-fi.
- Cancellation policy
If a participant cancels for personal reasons, the following charges will occur in their respective time frames. ・8 days before ：none ・7-2 days before：30% of the tour price ・1 day before：40% of the tour price ・Day of, before the tour start time：50% of the tour price ・Day of, after the tour start time, or without notice：100% of the tour price
- Operating Company
Japan Panoramic Tours