【Tokyo Wagashi Experience】Wagashi Making in Yoyogi, Tokyo! Japanese Sweets Experience with a Culinary Teacher
- Wagashi (Japanese sweets) making experience in Tokyo, Yoyogi! Learn how to make intricate traditional wagashi sweets, in this experience led by a seasoned instructor! You will go through the process of making authentic wagashi step by step, starting with mixing the “Nerikiri” dough, and ending by shaping it and adding patterns. Once your wagashi is done, it’s time to enjoy them with some green tea!
- With specialized tools, you will shape your wagashi into all kinds of seasonal plants and flowers in this experience. Adding detailed markings to the palm-sized wagashi is an intricate process that needs great focus. You won’t even notice your furrowed brows!
- English-language wagashi recipes will be distributed after the experience. You can try making wagashi at home!
|Meeting place||Yoyogi Uehara station, outside the ticket gate (There is only one ticket gate)|
|Access||10-minute walk from Yoyogi-Uehara Station|
|Duration||About 2.5 hours|
|Minimum number of participants||1person|
1. Meet at Yoyogi-Uehara Station in Tokyo 2. 10-minute walk to the experience studio 3. Instructions on wagashi (Japanese sweets) making 4. Wagashi making experience 5. Eating Wagashi with Japanese green tea 6. End of the experience
- Meet up at Yoyogi Uehara Station (Shibuya Ward, Tokyo)
- Learning about wagashi (Japanese Sweets) before your experience
- Start by making the dough
- Next, shape the wagashi
- Eat your wagashi with Japanese green tea!
- Participants go home with a wagashi recipe!
- Wagashi School "Miss Wagashi"
- Included in the fee
experience fee, ingredient fee, apron rental, tax
- Not included in the fee
Any other fee stated above
Please notify the host prior to your experience, if you have any allergies or preferences concerning ingredients. All ingredients used in this experience are plant-based.
- Cancellation policy
7 ~ 3 days before: 50% of the fee 2 days before ~ the day of the experience: 100%
- Operating Company